Usage of the Jellyfin name
You are free to use the Jellyfin name to promote your project, with some restrictions:
- Do not use the Jellyfin name in a way that would make the average user think you are associated with the project, unless permission was given by the Project Leader or Leadership Team.
- Only include the Jellyfin name in your project's name in a way that makes it clear you are not affiliated with the Jellyfin project, and to indicate compatibility with Jellyfin (For example Awesome Client for Jellyfin).
- Do not use the Jellyfin name in any context that promotes, allows or encourages piracy.
- Do not wrongfully claim to be part of the Jellyfin team.
As a general rule, Jellyfin should always be capitalized, but language, file, or system conventions trump Jellyfin naming conventions.
Specific examples include:
- Writing referring to the project in the abstract should use capitalized
Jellyfinat all times.
I contribute to Jellyfin and you should too!
- C# class and project names, including their files and directories, should use capitalized
Jellyfinas required by the C# case standards (camelCase or PascalCase).
- Other code elements, where the code formatting or style requires lowercase, should use lowercase
- The Git repository and non-C# files inside of it should use lowercase
jellyfinfor convenience on case-sensitive filesystems.
- The final output binary, initscrips, and package names should use lowercase
jellyfinfor similar reasons as above.
- Configuration directories can use either depending on operating system conventions.
- The logo has no strict rules for capitalization, the style is dependent on aesthetics and font choice.
Icons and Other Assets
All iconography and other resources can be found in the jellyfin-ux repository.
When using the full version of the logo, the text should only be placed to the right of the icon.
The design for the logo uses a gradient for the infill, and if the non-transparent logo is chosen there is an optional background color.
- Gradient Start:
- Gradient End:
- Background Color:
- Background Color:
- Accent Color:
The banner uses the Quicksand font.